This sample will provide you all responsibilities and skills of a Public Relations specialist.
It will also help you in preparing your own resume template for this position and similar job titles such as – Public Relations Assistant, Public Relations Specialist, PR Specialist, Public Relations Manager, PR/Public Relations coordinator, PR coordinator and PR Manager.
General Job Description
Public Relations professional is a specialist who works towards improving public relations of a firm that is he defines different activities, which are directed towards improving the brand image of the firm among the public.
Public Relations Resume Example
PR Manager Resume template
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Events and Channel Communications Manager
A highly skilled and talented expert at public relations, with more than ten years of demonstrated success in improving the brand image of a firm, accomplished through planning, designing and implementing strategies, initiatives, creative campaigns and PR events.
In addition, established exceptional relationships with key media leaders.
CORE COMPETENCIES and STRENGTHS
- Networking – Outstanding communication skills.
- Creativity – Ability to develop/innovate new techniques.
- Presentation skills – Excellent written and oral skills.
- Organizational/Prioritization – Ability to balance multiple projects and demands.
- Motivated and Self-starter – Can motivate subordinates to take voluntary initiative.
CBR Key-Media Miami Beach, FL 2003 – Present
PR, Public Relations Manager
MAIN CONTRIBUTIONS and ACHIEVEMENTS
Developing brand identity through various communication channels
- Built the company brand by defining and executing PR effort – Developed ways in which the public image of the firm could be improved to generate more business opportunities.
- Served as a creative copywriter for – Sales pitches, presentations, brochures, web promotion and marketing materials.
- Planned and organized firm’s proactive presence in several communication channels, including – Traditional media channels, online, social media, business/commercial events, conferences and industry meetings.
- Developed new strategies for maintaining good relationships with the media
- Identified relevant media influencers, and generated awareness of opportunities.
- Worked in collaboration with the media houses to develop new ways and strategies for attracting customers, other media audiences and the general public.
- Supervised strategies for press releases and social media.
Additional PR activities:
- Maintained media contacts which were necessary for execution of the media action plans, to enhance brand image of the firm.
- Wrote and managed several press releases per week – Administered press inquiries, coordinated talent interviews, and gathered ‘background’ information.
- Represented the firm on the market and among the public, as well as in front of the media – Handled all the queries of customers to offer the best possible solutions.
University of Virginia, School of Business Charlottesville, VA 1998 – 2001
Master’s in Business Administration
Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA 1995 – 1998