- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: Harry S Truman School of Public Affairs
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 33
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission; Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration
- Estimated program cost: $13, 431*
* This price is for illustrative purposes only and is based on academic year 2017 information. It includes standard in-state graduate tuition of $352.60 per credit hour plus $41.20 per-credit-hour Truman School supplemental fees and $13.20 per-credit-hour information technology fees. It does not include application fees, textbooks or course materials. Additional fees may apply. Course fees vary from department to department. Your actual costs may differ depending on your course choices. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A master’s degree in public affairs from MU can help you further your existing career in government or nonprofit public service. If you believe positive collaboration across the public, private and nonprofit sectors is the best way to serve society, this may be the degree for you.
$67, 000–$111, 230
Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook data for emergency management directors, administrative services managers and top executives.
- Public administration
- Social services
- Government relations
- Policy analysis
- Public health management
- Non-profit management
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in public affairs is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Classes are nine weeks long. Students typically take one class each 9-week session and finish the program in two years.
Course work covers
- Ethical leadership
- Organizational dynamics and leadership
- Collaborative governance
- Public policy strategy
- Economic analysis
- Financial management
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.