- Issues Management
- Employee or Member Relations
- Media Relations
- Public relations firms (Representing various private and public organizations and institutions, individuals, and events.)
- PR departments in large corporations
- Strengthen verbal communication skills by taking speech communication courses.
- Enhance writing skills through additional coursework in business and marketing.
- Acquire an internship with a PR firm.
- Be prepared to start at the bottom and work up to higher positions.
- Consider a master’s degree in PR for higher level positions, especially at the executive level.
- Learn to work well with teams.
- Advertising Sales
- Government Relations
- Risk and Crisis Communication
- Campaign Marketing and Fundraising
- World Affairs and Diplomacy
- Government agencies (local, state, & federal)
- Chambers of commerce and tourism councils foreign embassies
- Campaign committees, coalitions, initiatives, and networks
- Secure federal internships in a field of interest.
- Develop strong research and writing skills.
- Get experience with student government or political campaigns.
- Consider graduate programs in Public Policy/Affairs.
- Develop foreign language skills.
- Enhance language skills and cultural understanding through study abroad programs.
- Gain experience by volunteering with organizations that provide assistance to various cultural groups.
Business and Industry
- Training and Development
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Direct Marketing
- Direct marketers work with the customer through mail, magazines, radio, or TV to get an immediate response by telephone, mail, or fax.
- Public and private corporations
- Consulting firms
- Marketing companies
- internet marketers
- Sport and athletic organizations
- Retail stores
- Take general business and computer courses.
- Consider earning a graduate degree in business.
- Gain experience in organizational development or marketing.
- Become current with business and industry literature and news.
- Obtain sales and marketing experience.
- Work within college sports administration and marketing.
Non-profit and Education
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Service Marketing
- Community Affairs
- Charities and foundations (i.e. within the areas of environment, arts, multicultural initiatives, religion, and health)
- Hospitals and healthcare providers
- Colleges and universities
- Social service agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Professional associations
- Get experience through volunteering for non-profit agencies, museums, and charities.
- Obtain internships with non-profit organizations.
- Gain experience planning events for campus organizations.
- Consider additional degrees such as MPH (Master of Public Health) to enhance employability.