Applications from International Students Welcome
This course trains you for a career in the communication industries. You'll develop an understanding of the nature and function of advertising and public relations, within a wider marketing and marketing communications framework. You'll also learn how to communicate effectively in this environment.
This course accepts year two direct entrants.
- Two Higher Grade passes at Grade C or above, including English, OR
- A relevant NC or NQ qualification with appropriate subject modules), OR
- Evidence of relevant industry experience.
- Successful completion of a full time HNC Advertising and PR course with 15 credits.
- A genuine interest in the advertising and PR industries is needed and should be demonstrated in the application.
- Advertising Industry.
- Social Media.
- PR Introduction.
- Corporate Identity.
- Media Sales.
- Advertising Analysis.
- Local Campaign (work experience unit).
- Graded Unit (work experience unit)
- Campaign Development. (work experience unit)
- PR Strategy
- Social and Digital Media.
- Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing.
- Consumer Behaviour.
- Marketing Communications
This course prepares you for a career in:
- Advertising agencies.
- PR consultancies.
- Social media companies.
- Advertising departments.
- Commercial, or media-based companies.
There are a number of work experience and placement opportunities throughout the course.
Successful completion of the HND can lead to third year entry in the following university courses:
- Glasgow Caledonian University: BA (Hons) Social Sciences and Media, Media and Communication, Marketing.
- Napier University: Communications, Advertising and Public Relations.
- Queen Margaret University: PR and Media, PR and Marketing.
- The University of Stirling: BA (Hons) Marketing.